Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Olivia and Cole's Two Month Well Visit

Olivia and Cole had their two month well visit this past Monday! Hard to believe that they are now 8 weeks old. Their visit was a few days early due to it being time for their 2nd Synagis (RSV) shot. They also received their first round of vaccinations.

Olivia weighed in at 6 lbs 14 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long! Her head circumference was 13 3/4 inches. She is in the 3% for all three areas for her actual age and in the 10-25% for her weight and the 25% for her length and head circumference corrected age. She has a small belly button hernia that should correct itself. She is drinking 3-4 oz now per feed!! We've made some progress with her Reflux by changing her formula to Enfamil Gentlease (the formula we were using is being discontinued) and breaking her Zantac into 3 doses per day. Also, she still needs a Prune juice/water mixture every now and then, though I noticed that since we were able to stop the Iron drops on Monday for both babies, she seems to be doing better in the pooping area!! Boy, the things that make new mom's proud!! While Olivia is growing, it's at a slower pace than Cole due to her body make-up and partially due to the Reflux. She has an appointment with the GI doctor on March 2nd. Even though her Reflux is more under control than before, we are keeping the appointment, as she still struggles with projectile vomiting at least once a day or so.

Cole weighed in at 8 lbs 15 oz and was 21 1/4 inches long! His head circumference was 14 inches. He is in the 5% for height and weight and the 3% for head circumference for his actual age and in the 50% for his weight, 50-75% for his length, and the 25% for his head circumference corrected age. He is growing like crazy and still eating us out of house and home, as he's now up to almost 6 oz per feed!!!!

Olivia loves her crib mobile (thanks Aunt Meg and Uncle Gregg) and being rocked!! She also loves her pacifier, which Luukas calls her sucky! Speaking of Luukas, Olivia is looking more and more like him each day. Cole loves taking baths (I think he purposely messes up his outfits so he can get a bath!), his vibrating bouncy chair, and laughing at his sister when she cries. He looks a lot like George!!

We have started going on outings!!! Our first outing was to one of our favorite restaurant - Leo's Coney Island. Of course, that morning I was putting the stroller's in the car and when I finished I sat in the car waiting for George and the kids. He came strolling out of the house, locking the door and everything, WITHOUT Olivia and Cole! LOL! Our next outing was to Kohl's so that I could buy clothes for work. Yep, you read that right....I am heading back to work this Friday. It will be quite the transition, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. George and I were saying how surreal everything is - just 2 months ago I was finishing up an 8 week stay in the hospital and 4 months on bedrest - and now we have 8 week old twins and I'm heading to work for the first time this school year (minus the 2 teacher days that I worked). Boy, does time fly when you're having fun!!!

Well, it's late. We've been trying to get the twins to sleep for hours. Luukas is at his gramma's for a spur of the moment sleepover. I'll pick him up later today (Thursday) so that he can go to my work and show off his new siblings!!!

No comments: