Sunday, October 19, 2008

LIFE IN THE HOSPITAL!


So everyone always wants to know - "How's life in the hospital?"

Well here goes it! As of right now, I still have bathroom privilages which means I can ONLY get up to use the restroom (which is next to my bed) and to shower EVERY OTHER day. SO sorry for the stinkiness if you visit on an off day! LOL! I have to lay flat on my left side the rest of the day, except I can sit up to eat. I can eat whatever I want whenever I want. The hospital food is OK, but "outside food" is always appreciated every few days too. The nurses are awesome. They make "midnight snack runs" and make the very best milkshakes for us mama's to be too! They can teach us how to knit, they sit and talk with me throughout the day (I'm a talker...did you know that?! LOL!), and they are very on top of things.

I get monitored 3x a day for fetal heart tones and contractions and more if I feel crampy. Other than that, Dr. Kazzi usually stops by once a day and the resident (mostly Dr. Fabian) stops by every morning between 6-7 a.m. The machine they use to measure heart tones and contractions is linked to the TV screens in Labor and Delivery and almost every day one of my nurses' gets called bc I'm setting off the alarms upstairs!! That's bc our baby boy doesn't stay still!! I've only had a roommate for 1 of the 3 weeks since I've been here so that is nice too!

Both babies are movers and shakers! They are now laying in a T-position with Baby A (girl) being straight up and down the center of my belly and Baby B (boy) going across (horizontally) the top of my belly. My lil girl likes to kick her brother a lot and headbutt me. I'll let you imagine what that feels like!! LOL!

Other than that, when I don't have visitors, I spend pretty much the rest of my day doing useless things. Oh WAIT...I am cooking babies so that's useful!! I've been watching tv shows that I would never normally watch....CashCab, Who's Wedding Is It Anyways, Suze Orman (George is hoping I learn a thing or two from her!) and Jerry Springer, and all of the court shows. I'm still trying to figure out why my husband likes to watch them so much, especially Divorce Court! LOL! Speaking of the beloved hubby, bc of him, my time here has gone by a lot faster thanks to the Laptop he bought me for my birthday! It has been a lifesaver! I'm on it all of the time!!!! I should be doing something useful on it like taking Social Work continuing ed courses since my license is up in April, but I haven't gotten that motivated yet!! Instead I've been blogging and buying baby stuff (shhh.....don't tell George!).

OK...I'm babbling and wasting all of your time reading this. LOL! I just wanted to say thanks for all of the phone calls, emails, text messages, and visits! They are much appreciated and make the time go by EVEN faster!!! It's hard to believe that this Tuesday marks 3 weeks since I was admitted to the hospital.

Love to all!

-Rebecca




No comments: