Sunday, October 19, 2008

A TIMELINE...

We wanted to share a quick timeline of Rebecca's pregnancy!

April 18th - IVF cycle started
May 1st - Egg retrieval
May 6th - Embryo transfer (transferred 2 embryo's)
May 15th - Positive pregnancy bloodtest at IVF Michigan!!!
June 9th - 1st U/S at IVF Michigan - It's TWINS!!!!
August 5th - After Luukas begged the ultrasound tech for 10 minutes....we found out we are having a GIRL (Baby A) and a BOY (Baby B)!
August 11th - 19th - Bedrest
August 30th - September 3rd - Hospitalized due to gastro problems and what was later diagnosed as a blood clotting disorder. PERMANENT BEDREST begins.
September 2nd - George and my 8th wedding anniversary - I spent it in the hospital having a colonoscopy. YUCK!
September 3rd - Discharged and sent home on strict bedrest.
September 30th - Hospitalized following an U/S appt due to contractions, shortened cervix, spotting and discrepency in size and fluid levels between Baby A (less) and Baby B (more). Given 1st round of meds (Indocin) to stop contractions.
October 9th - My 32nd birthday - spent it in the hospital. Many friends and family members made it totally bearable though!! Thanks to all for the birthday wishes!!
October 11th - Started 2nd round of meds (Indocin) for contractions.
October 19th - Started 3rd round of meds (Indocin) for contractions.
October 27th - Started 4th round of meds (Indocin) for contractions.
October 29th - Started Terbutiline pills every 6 hours for contractions.
October 31st - 28 WEEKS!! Ultrasound, exam, and Fetal Fibroctin test.


I'll keep updating this regularly! I'm having weekly ultrasounds at this point. My last one on 10/15 showed that Baby A's fluid level came up which was great news. The twins are still about 5 oz apart in size so they are considered discordant twins. Other than that....I have funneling and I'm starting to soften. Hopefully we can make it a few more weeks. Our next goal is 28 weeks and Dr. Kazzi is pretty confident I'm going to make it there just fine!!!

No comments: