Monday, December 15, 2008

The last couple of days...

The last couple of days have been up and down for Cole and Olivia as the struggles of immature lungs usually peaks on Day 2-3 and stays that way for a day or so. As of 4:30 this morning, they have been able to be weaned off the ventilators some. We are hoping to see more of this over the next few days!! They may start feedings today (through a tube) and as soon as they're off the ventilators, things will move quickly to the point where George and I will be able to bottle feed them. George and I have to constantly remind ourselves that sometimes it's two steps back before a step forward. The good news is that there doesn't seem to be any other preemie related complications. That is a HUGE blessing!!! Last night, George and I visited Cole and Olivia together (and just us) for the first time since their birth on Friday. Cole (who has my feet and looks like Luukas) opened his eyes while we talked to him. He totally knew his mommy and daddy were there!! It was VERY precious. Olivia (she has George's feet and the nurses say she looks like George, though he thinks she looks like me) was sleeping away, but knew we were there. She looked so comfy in her isolette. Both babies are very easily stimulated so we have to be very quiet when we visit them, as they get agitated very quickly causing their respirations to drop. The doctor said this is largely in part due to their healthy size and gestation and that they just don't like the ventilator and tubes.

I'll try to get some more pics today....and definitely once they are off the ventilators!! Thanks, in advance, for the prayers!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! From hospital visits to daily shots, it all paid off in the end. When you feel up to it, I would love to stop by and catch up!.. Take care...

---Amy Morris

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they came out of you you look great What a great Christmas present. I can't wait to hold them. Please call us if you need help with Lucas driving or bringing him to you then i can visit. ha ha Ther so beautiful its worth everything at the end we will keep praying. God bless your family.
Love The Steeles

Anonymous said...

Nana loves Cole and Olivia!
Happy Birthday!

Much love to the Anders family

Anonymous said...

WOW !!! What a blessing from God....two beautiful, healthy babies!!! Incredible....Rebecca, you look amazing!!!
Thanks for sharing these precious moments with us!!!!
I will check back with you guys every day, and say a prayer or two!!

Take Care......cindy