Olivia came home Wednesday evening!! She was able to tolerate the Keflex. We learned that she has Staph aureus - non MRSA strain. This is good news as weeks of Keflex should clear it up. Olivia will see Dr. Freij, Infectious Disease, next week for a follow-up appointment. At this point, they are not planning on draining the lymph node as it is still too hard. It has gotten a little bit smaller, which is good news. The BEST news is that her White Blood Cell count went from 31 on Sunday to 19 yesterday!!!!
Thanks for all of your prayers!! It was a trying week, but we are glad to be back as a family. Well, I'll speak for George and I. Luukas learned what it was like to have one sibling instead of two over the last week and he's insistent on giving up one baby because "Daddy had more time to play with me when there was only Cole to take care of." Sorry to tell you Luukas.....but you are stuck with two siblings!!!! I worked to darn hard to get them here!! Of course, he could not take his eyes and hands off of his baby sister when she got home, so I'm pretty sure he still loves Olivia and Cole both! LOL!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment