Sunday, November 16, 2008

30 weeks and hospitalized for remainder of the pregnancy


After having a rough night Friday night and feeling crampy all day on Saturday, George brought me to Labor and Delivery on Saturday night. I was convinced things were fine and I was just coming for monitoring. Instead, when I got here I found out that I was contracting every 4-5 minutes, dilated to 3 cm with 70% effaced and minus 2 station, and I was given another Fetal Fibroctin Test which had positive results meaning delivery is near. Realizing that I wasn't going to finish out the pregnancy at home was tough. I was prepped for a c-section immediately. An ultrasound was done and thankfully Baby A's fluid levels incrased again, so Dr. Kazzi started a 6th round of Indocin and also continued me on the Terb pills. Today, I had another U/S which showed that both babies weigh over 3 lbs now. I will have a more thorough ultrasound tomorrow. Baby Aspirin was stopped immediately and the fact that these babies will probably be here within the next 2 weeks is becoming more real. The contractions slowed with the Indocin and I will be moved tomorrow back to the antenatal floor, as I've been in Labor and Delivery since arriving yesterday. Thankfully, the babies are doing great!! I'll update tomorrow after my U/S.

-Rebecca

UPDATE 11/17/08 -

So, I had my ultrasound today. The babies are doing great. Baby A is just under 3 lbs and Baby B is 3 lbs 8 oz. Their fluid levels were both 33 which is GREAT news. Dr. Kazzi checked me and I am 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated by his measurements. I will be staying in the hospital for the remainder of the pregnancy. The resident doesn't expect me to make it past 32 weeks. I was moved to a new room today (back on the antenatal unit). I'm close to the elevator in case they have to rush me back to L&D. We'll keep you posted!!

No comments: