Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We wanted to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Dr. Kazzi discharged me from the hospital today since we are now playing the waiting game. I'm happy to be spending Thanksgiving at home with George and Luukas, even though George caught a cold or something and is super sick. I'm trying to stay away so that I don't get it!

I'll be seeing Dr. Kazzi twice a week from now until delivery for monitoring and ultrasounds. I'm still on strict bedrest and I'm continuing the Terb pills and the Progesterone shots until 34-35 weeks, at which time I'll stop them. According to Dr. Kazzi's exam today, I am still 90% effaced and 2 cm dilated. Delivery could be tonight or weeks from now, who knows! We are all elated and shocked that I have gotten as far as I have. The nurse's and Dr. Kazzi are really proud that I've been sticking to their treatment like clockwork. I'll admit...it's been very TOUGH, especially this last hospital stay, but knowing how well the twins are doing makes it all worth it!

I'm 31 weeks and 4 days today. I delivered Luukas at 32 weeks and 4 days. Hmmm.....wonder what will happen in the next week!! Dr. Kazzi's hoping I hold off for a week or two as the NICU at St. Joe's is extremely busy with 3 sets of twins being delivered over the past weekend. Wouldn't it be something if I held off til 35 weeks and George and I were able to bring the twins home with us?!!! I'm not even sure we'd know what to do with two babies at home so soon after delivery!

As you all probably guessed....George, Luukas and I have TONS to be THANKFUL for this Thanksgiving! First of all.....the fact that the worst of my pregnancy seems to be over with and now it's going really well and seems to be going better with each additional week. Second...we are so thankful for all of our family and friends who have been there for us day in and day out since the beginning. Last but not least, we are thankful for each other. Bedrest and almost 7 weeks of hospitalization has been very trying, but we are surviving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: