Saturday, November 1, 2008

We MADE IT TO 28 weeks!!!


I made it to 28 weeks on Friday!!! This coming Monday will mark 5 weeks since I was admitted to the hospital. Yesterday, I had a fetal fibroctin test with negative results, ultrasounds, and a digital (manual) exam. Baby A (girl) is 2 lbs 3 1/2 oz and Baby B (boy) is 2 lbs 11 oz. I am 70% effaced and a fingertip dilated with some funneling. Baby A's fluid is borderline decreased. The good news is the new medicine they are giving me to stop contractions (Terbutiline pills) seems to be working, though they may have to increase it as I am having a few contractions here and there. I'm also having chest pains and they are watching that side effect. I've already had 4 rounds of Indocin (with the most recent being last Monday) to stop contractions which can further decrease fluid levels so they wanted to try something else. I can take Terbutiline until 34 weeks and I can get Progesterone shots until 35 weeks. Here's the best news....my doctor is letting me get out of bed and walk around my room this weekend and also sit in a chair, both things I haven't been able to do in almost 5 weeks. If there are no changes on Monday, then he is going to let me go home and finish bedrest there!! Yippee!!! I can't wait to be with Luukas and George again!! I've been on Heparin shots 2x a day since being in the hospital and if I go home, I'm going to ask to continue them bc I've had less spotting since the shots started. Not sure if it's a coincidence or what. Thanks for your prayers!!! They are working!!!

No comments: